Supplementary education serves two primary functions:
- To expand upon knowledge and skills acquired through training
- To keep abreast of new information affecting architectural practice.
Supplementary education is not designed to substitute for required training; rather, it enriches day-to-day experience. You may earn training credit through the following NCARB-recognized supplementary education activities:
- Completing activities provided in the Emerging Professional's Companion, located at www.epcompanion.org.
- Completing AIA-approved continuing education resources and programs. See the AIA Resources for more information.
- Earning a post-professional degree in architecture after earning a professional degree in architecture from a program accredited by NAAB.